- If this is the only text editor on your computer, then it’s a fine one for you to use. Just keep it in code view.
- Comforting visual CSS editor, auto complete
- Lots of templates and layouts built in.
- Very similar, and newer than TextMate.
- Cross platform, which is a big deal!
- It’s Free (for a long time).
- End of line – Command+RightArrowKey on Mac. Control+RightArrowKey on Windows.
- Just for the live preview and CSS editor panel.
- Live preview with code completion and GUI inputs.
- Local files & hosted projects (like WordPress).
- UX Tool, Wireframe Tool, Design Tool – Our Templates.
- Export layers as png files from Illustrator in multiple resolutions is awesome!
- Export multiple artboards this script.
- Export vectors to the HTML5 canvas with Ai->Canvas
- Free iOS 7 Illustrator Vector UI Kit for iPhone and iPad by Mercury
Pixel level control, when you need it most. Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard tool for bitmap Design, Illustration and Production.
Basic Setup & Usage Tips
- If you are doing online interactive work you should setup Color Management for Web/Mobile.
Digital Drawing Techniques
- Photoshop: Prep & Color Scanned Drawings by Chopping Block.
- How To: Scanning Cold Press Watercolor Paper by Elizabeth Baddeley.
Digital Drawing Add-Ons
- Photoshop Illustration Brushes by the amazing Kyle T Webster.
UX/UI Design Tips
- Bjango makes some great mobile/tablet design tools as well as Photoshop Actions & Workflows.
- Photoshop CC (version 14.1) introduced a new technology called Adobe Generator, which allows for new workflows, especially for web designers, screen designers, and anyone who needs to extract image assets out of a Photoshop document.